6 Essential Items for Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial Day weekend is a particularly special time for many people. We remember America s fallen heroes and put our patriotism on full display. The Jeep brand is especially proud of its American heritage and the role that we ve played in our country s honorable pursuit of freedom. Memorial Day weekend is also a great time to get together with family, take the top off of your Jeep vehicle, and celebrate the start of summer.
In that spirit, we give to you our (partial) list of weekend essentials - from food and drink to accessories for your Jeep (we ll assume that your sense of adventure and Go Anywhere, Do Anything attitude comes standard).
1.Mopar Spare Tire Cover - There s Only One - Your Jeep is a patriotic symbol in and of itself, but you can always take it to the next level with this American flag spare tire cover from Mopar.
2. Cooler - Every off-road adventure requires food and drink. Memorial Day weekend festivities practically require a cooler. Invest in a good one (and make sure you have tie-down straps) and you now basically have a Jeep with a fridge.
3. Jeep branded binoculars - Binoculars are a great to have for watching fireworks light up the sky. The fact that they ll show off your Jeep brand enthusiasm is a bonus.
4. Picnic blanket - Not just any picnic blanket - a Jeep picnic blanket. Keep it in the trunk for a weekend like this. You might prefer using what Mother Nature has to offer -ledges, rocks, tree trunks - but it s always nice to have a comfortable spot to sit down and hang.
5. Portable grill - Another versatile item good for quality cooked meals away from the kitchen. That brings us to the next item...
6. Meat - Lots of meat. Get those steaks marinated, find your local meat shop for the best brats and dogs, and buy the fixins so that you can be the toast - no, the grill - of the weekend. For the non-carnivores, get your vegetables cut, sliced, and otherwise prepped. A grilled vegetable medley is tough to beat any day of the week.
Whatd we miss? Let us know in the comments.